Thursday, June 9

Life Update

How’s it fellow food lovers? I’m doing fantastic at the moment. I woke up especially to write a post this morning, because I do acknowledge that it’s been quite some time since I’ve done so. What’d I tell ya (I don’t know what’s with all of these colloquial contractions…)?

Over the past few days, my computer and I have not made much contact, other than to check for quotes from the people doing our wedding services and send emails to said service people. Otherwise, my computer has been mostly dominated by my mother, who has been a skype hound since Gigantor and family are scheduled to come out… TODAY! I’m super excited. I can’t wait until they get here to experience this beautiful country with me.

Over the past few days, all we’ve been doing is shopping/running errands, eating, walking, cooking, and eating. I’ve pretty much been a not-so-lean, mean, cooking machine. The not-so-lean is due to the cooking part. I’m ok with it… I find it so ironic that I spent so much time obsessing over my weight and exercise regime before I got here, only to find out that my mentality would completely shift when I got here. I should’ve known… It’s a little backward, but hey, c‘est la vie.

Like I said, I’ve been cooking up a storm since I’ve been here because there are currently 7 mouths to feed in this house, and SAM has given Mumsy and I full reign of the kitchen. Some of my recent creations intermingled with fun times are as follows:
Tomato basil soup a la Mama with a salad beast OTS
Wimpy coffee with a side of cream (AKA poor man's cappuccino)
The coffee didn't quite cut it, so an espresso was in order
Mashed pumpkin and sweet potatoes, sloppy Joe sans bread, and salad. Yumm-ay.
Real cappuccino. Nothing beats it.
Don't we look so happy?


Sauteed chicken pieces and Bearnaise sauce for smothering
Just some roasted veg, also smothered with buttery wine and tarragon sauce
Crispy rice, specially made for my love.
Movie madness. Saw Lincoln Lawyer. Loved it. Immensely.
Sliced skirt steak with red wine gravy OTS.
Steak, green beans, and salad
Another amazing thing that has (or will soon) come into my life is the Thermo Mix. For those of you who are unfamiliar with this amazing gadget, it’s pretty much a Vita Mix on steroids. It cooks everything, and the ONLY things it doesn’t do is roast, toast, and scramble. My lovely cousin-to-be (well, not really, she’s just a family friend who’s related to a cousin-to-be, but my family-to be has known her family for forever and they consider… you get the picture. Portuguese people…).

Anyway, as I was saying. My lovely cousin-to-be sells this divine contraption and surprised me at my bachelorette party by giving me the cookbooks! I am so excited to get it and make all of the yummy dishes! I’ve actually been obsessing over the thing. I’ve read every recipe in all three cookbooks and found myself walking through the fruit and nut shop yesterday thinking about all of the beans, seeds, and nuts I could be grinding into flour with my machine…

The time to say “I do” is drawing closer every day, and I am getting more and more excited by the second. I really can’t wait. I still don’t know where I’m going for my honeymoon, nor do I know where we’ll be living afterward. Although it is a little nerve-wracking, it’s such a thrilling feeling. I can’t wait to share with you all how it pans out!

Until next time (whenever that may be), stay healthy, happy, and think on this:


1 comment:

  1. LOVE, LOVE seeing you guys having a great time in SA!! Miss you all so much and wish you an amazing wedding day!

    ReplyDelete