Sunday, July 17

Non-Routine Routines


Ello.

Recently, I’ve fallen into some non-routine routines. What I mean is…

1.      I have been applying to jobs like a mad woman- since I have an inability to “legitimately” work here in South Africa at the moment, I have been applying for every freelance job I can find. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t need to work, because I have a wonderful soccer-playing husband. However, for my sanity’s sake, I need a project to keep me busy. My fixation on getting a job now has me up at 3 am, sending out my resume, writing samples, and knocking on virtual doors. No luck thus far…
2.      Blogging has been on the back burner. This has been the case since my family came out, and I can’t seem to get back in the groove. I attribute this to non-routine routine #1.
3.      Sleep has been intermittent and inadequate. This is also due to non-routine routine #1.
4.      Photo documentation of my life has been non-existent. This isn’t because I’m lazy, but rather that it simply slips my mind. Real routines have fallen by the wayside.
5.      Get ready for this one… I haven’t been helping cook dinner every night. Gasp! (I know). Skyping the fam often takes place during prime dinner preparation time, so I end up tidying up the kitchen after we’ve polished off the nighttime eats.
6.      Although I don’t always cook dinner, I have become the official salad maker in the house.
7.      I’ve been working out… whenever I want and doing whatever I want. This means Zumba-ing, walking, and doing body-resistance stuff.

I’m finding it very strange not to have some sort of plan or direction for the next phase in my life. For the past 10 years (give or take) I’ve had future plan, knowledge of what I want to accomplish next. There are no projects to be completed, no papers to be written, no deadlines to be met, or professors to answer to. So for now, I am an unemployed, post-grad newlywed…

Anyone looking for a freelance writer??

No comments:

Post a Comment