Wednesday, November 17

Consistently Inconsistent


You know how sometimes people will talk about negative personality traits and say things like, “You’re like that!”? Well, sometimes, I recognize those less-than-perfect traits in myself, and to be honest, I don’t care. Heh.

Here are just few of my endearing qualities:
  • Loud
  • Opinionated
  • Fickle
  • One-track-minded
  • Contradictory
  • Easily distracted
  • Humorous at inappropriate times
  • Gets bored easily
  • Nonchalant
  • Carefree
But most of all, I have realized that I am Consistently Inconsistent. 

Now that sounds like a great list to put on my resume! These traits usually come out at inopportune times, like when I have to get things done. Tuesday was one of those days…

Monday I went to bed super late because I had to export my blog from Wordpress to this wonderful new location. I stayed up late with the idea that I would spend the entire next day working on my senior research project. However, I woke up Tuesday morning entirely too early, which immediately catapulted me into a bad mood. In rebellion of myself, I proceeded to spend the next three hours breaking my 2-cups-of-coffee rule and further improving my blog. While this self-protest was in taking place, I ate a hearty breakfast. 
Eggs with tomato, onion, and spinach and a side of papaya.
 A little while later, I dragged myself away from the computer to workout. For the past 5 weeks, I have been complying with the disciplined section of my brain (it’s a very small section) and following my running program to a “T”. But on Tuesday, I was not in the mood to follow some stupid workout schedule. And the dogs were going stir crazy. 

Solution: bike ride. I took Lucy, Max, and Oscar with me to burn of some of that psycho energy they had going on.

Oscar
Lucy
Max
 Lower body, done. Dogs, exhausted. Peace once again. Onto the abs. I was going to do my Ab Routine, but instead, I decided to do double the sets of exercises I like. Ha. Take that Women’s Health Program!

I was on a role with my campaign against order and all things structured, when hunger struck.
Quinoa with pumpkin, almond milk, cinnamon, and Stevia. Celery with hummus and grapes.
 I was so pleased with the low-calorie count of this meal that I had to celebrate. Ok, not really but I was happy.

After lunch I cleaned some. Strangely, I do this to waste time… When I was done, to further prolong my procrastination, I had snack time.
Cottage cheese with jam and toast
 While enjoying my delectable morsels, I read a few health and fitness articles. One really grabbed me. It was called the “The No Diet Diet”. It’s about this girl who has been dieting all of her life and decided to give it up. She realizes it is much harder to undo years of diet brainwashing than it would seem. I was inspired. Maybe I should give up calorie counting? But then my accountability goes out the window. Who knows. Maybe I will just try to be like the don’t-get-fat French  and be aware of fullness. I don’t know. I suppose this will have to be explored at a later date.

When there was nothing else I could think of to do, I could feel the weight of senior research bearing down on my mind. I made some Long Life Detox tea and reluctantly sat down to work. Suddenly, a message from my love! Yes! Messaging insures at least 30 work-free minutes. Perfect. As our chat came to a close, I could feel exhaustion setting in from lack of sleep. The only thing to do was take a nap. I wouldn’t want my research abilities to be hindered…

My alarm clock sounded much too early. Snooze. Problem solved- for 5 minutes. I awoke to the senior research fairy hovering over my head. Gagh. 
Freakin' Fairy...
 I knew I could never function properly in this groggy state. I would have to make a cappuccino.
Fake sugar is very, very bad. I didn't care.
  I finally got through a page, when my mom got home. I guess I’ll have to see how her day was and eat dinner with her. Dinner that I made so that I could put postpone the torture for a few more precious moments.
Spinach and cucumber salad with rasberry merlot dressing.
Italian roast chicken with cooked carrots and sauerkraut.

After dinner, I literally had no more options. Four pages later, I was satisfied with my progress. It’s fine. That’s enough. I rewarded myself with some Asian (Green Tea with Jasmine) tea. Apparently I have panache and style… 

Basically, what I learned from all of this is the only thing I am consistent with is being inconsistent. But that’s ok. It’s important to be able to accept myself and not caring whether or not I am perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment