Tuesday, November 2

Tummy Tuck

Hey guys! After that long Halloween weekend, it’s time to get back in the healthy groove! I ate Almond Joys, Reese’s, candy corn, dark chocolate, and Betty Crocker Gluten-free cookies (there's my promotion of unhealthiness for today). I went way overboard and got so sick. I think my body went into sugar shock, for reals. Moderation is key! Its days like Halloween, a.k.a. Candyfest, that I forget that.

I didn’t work out yesterday because I was feeling under the weather. Now, I have got to make up for lost time (and burn extra calories) by doing my usual and tacking on an abs workout. I am not one for following directions, so I came up with a combination of 6 ab exercises that I really like, and that work well for me.  It’s a combination of P90X, yoga, and Pilates.

Scissor Switch
This is a P90X exercise that requires a lot of stability and patience.

Start with your arms at your sides. Stretch your right leg stretched up and your left leg out, about 6 inches above the floor. Hold for 2 seconds and switch. That’s one rep. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.
Do not rush it! Holding for 2 seconds is what really works your lower abs! Make sure to keep your legs straight.

Leg and Arm Extensions
This is a Pilates exercise that I really love. Start with your legs bent at a 90 degree angle above your hips. The easiest way to cheat is by putting your knees above your stomach (don’t do that). Put your arms straight up in line with your shoulders and lift your head off of the ground.

Then in one movement, extend your arms and legs out away from your body. This should be a slow and fluid movement.  Bring it back to starting position. Do 3 sets of 10 reps.

Leg Lifts
This is a twist to the classic six inches. But instead of lifting from the floor, you start at the top and lower your legs to a 45 degree angle. Do 3 sets of 15 reps.

Yoga Ball Squeeze
This one works your inner thighs and your lower abs. I love me some multi-muscle exercises. Start with the ball between your legs and your arms extended straight up.
Similar to the Leg and Arm extensions, lower your arms and legs in one motion. Make sure to squeeze the ball to work your legs. Do 3 sets of 10 reps.

Oblique Crunch
The last one is from P90X. I used to hate it, but then I realized that it really works! These tone those love handles and the little V above your hips. This is perfect for those stubborn spots.

Start laying on your right side with your right arm stretched out flat on the floor ad your left arm on your head. Your legs should be out at a 45 degree angle in front of your body. Your weight should be on your butt muscle, not your hip bone.
Lift your upper body and legs crunching your obliques. Bring arms and legs together touching your elbow to your knee. Lower back down to starting position. Do 2 sets of 10 reps.

I hope you enjoy this routine. Now go work off some of that Halloween candy!

No comments:

Post a Comment