Tuesday, February 15

Happy Valentine's Day


Hi snicker doodles! Monday was the second Valentine’s Day in a row that I have spent without Miguel. It’s sad, but it makes me super happy to think that the next one will be spent together!

I decided that I wasn’t going to let the distance between my Valentine and I get me down. I couldn’t afford to have another emotional day, so I woke up and went straight to working. I got so much done in only an hour and a half. Once I got to a stopping place, I rewarded myself with some scrumptious eats.
Blueberry pancakes and banana.

Pancakes are God’s gift to the world.

Fueled on blueberry goodness, I accomplished still more homework. Great success.

More homework completion was followed by more food.
Not sure why my lunch looks so yellow... Rutabaga, spaghetti squash with onions and tomatoes, and toast with Cheddar cheese.
 In an effort to keep up the momentum on my feel-good day, I did some Valentine’s Day good deeds. As requested, I sang at the assisted living where my mama is a beautician and made some old folks smile. Why not spread joy when you can? Sadly, no pictures or videos were taken from this event. L Just trust me when I say it was good.

After the Valentine’s Day performance, the fam exchanged gifties.
Beer and flowers. Gigantor knows the way to my heart.
I have been dying to taste New Grist gluten-free beer. I’ve never tried GF beer before, but I haven’t heard very nice things. However, I was pleasantly surprised with this refreshingly cold beverage. It’s pale in color and is not strong smelling. Because it’s made out of rice and sorghum, it’s super light and crisp. Kinda tangy with a little bit of a bite at the end.

 It was a perfect accompaniment to my dinner.
Pot roast and quinoa snuggling in my bowl.
 I followed it up with some V-Day chocolate from my mama. My Valentine’s Day was significantly better than I had hoped. I can sleep happy. Happy Valentine’s Day everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment