Saturday, February 5

My Pop Secret

Friday, by 11:30, I was in desperate need of a snack. Since I am trying to break out of my Food Rut, I tried something different. Ok, so maybe it's not that different, but it's out of the norm as of late (I used to eat this all the time).

I really love popcorn, but I think it's absurd that you would pay $5-6 for 5 bags of it. Seriously? That's crazy. I refuse. Here's my solution:


Homemade Popcorn

You're gonna need:
  • a large pot with a lid
  • coconut oil (You can use olive oil, but coconut oil is DA BOMB!)
  • popping corn
The goods
 Put enough oil in the pot to completely cover the bottom. It should not be deep!! Heat the oil on med-hi (around 6 or 7). Drop a kernel in. If it sizzles, you're ready to rock and roll. Put 3 tsbp kernels (1 serving size) in the bottom of the pan. You can do more if you like, but be careful- 3 tbsp unpopped is 6 cups popped!! Now, just like regular popcorn, let it pop! This is a super quick process (if you can even call it that), so don't walk away! Once it's popped, top with sea salt. Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment