Monday, February 21

Mommy and Me

Hiya Pals! Can I tell you how much I love the weekend? Seriously, it seems like every weekend has been fantastic lately. I always start it out with my Biff (on THURSDAY, no less), spend Friday through Sunday with the fam, and then have a school-free Monday. What? Schedule perfection? I think so. I think another major component to my cheery disposition is that I feel like I am actually accomplishing things.

I have gotten on a new routine of waking up at 5 am to work. You might think I’m crazy, but you're not the one analyzing the heck out of Bob Dylan (hereafter Frog Man or The Lej), now are you?

My reasoning behind the madness is as follows:

Number one: In the mornings, my brain is still half asleep, allowing me only to focus at one thing at a time.

Letter B: In the mornings, my brain is still half asleep, refusing to let my body move from one position and forcing me to stay put at my desk.

… and Number C: It’s dark out and no one is awake. Those who know me are aware that I am quite the talker and would rather be right next to someone chattering all day than by myself. My poor mother feels the bulk of this burden. Here’s a clip to demonstrate my daily custom when my mom is around.



Have I ever told you how awesome my mom is and how much I love her (When she reads this she’s gonna be all, “What do you want?”)? Ha. Oh, Moms. It would appear that I am completely independent in my mother’s absence, but as soon as she is around, I find that I am suddenly debilitated and become unbelievably needy. I have yet to figure out the reason for this. But, I digress. By 7:30, I could no longer stave off the hunger and had to make myself some brec (workin’ the abbrevs today).
Blueberry muffin and Greek yogurt with cocoa powder, strawberries, and bananas.
I chowed down on my dessert-like breakfast and prettied up to go see Unknown with Mumsy and Gigantor. Liam Neeson rocked my socks. The movie definitely had that Taken feel to it, but I suppose the common denominator is the focus on the European Underworld. Scuzzy. Sketchy. Fantastic for movie-making.

After the movie, Gigantor left Moms and me behind to hit the retail. But first, we headed straight for Five Bucks (more commonly known as Starbucks). I wanted a skinny latte, and Mama wanted a whole milk latte with whip cream. After a heated debate, we settled for a skinny Cinnamon Dolce Latte with whip cream on top. I think the barista was mucho confusedo.
Sweet compromise.
Hopped up on caffeine, we shopped around, played makeup at the Clinique counter, and then…

Frosty. Yum.
Fries dipped in frosty. Even more yum.
Gasp! I know. Fast food. So bad, but oh, so good.  

By the time we got home, I was completely famished. Ok, not so much. But it was 3 pm and I all I had consumed from 7:30 until now was a protein bar, half a confused hot beverage, half a frosty, and half a medium fry. I was in desperate need of a whole something-or-other.
Salad beast: lettuce, turkey, red peppers, feta, corn, salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar.
The rest of the afternoon was spent watching my Mama do my auntie’s hair. While I observed the chemical process, I made dinner.
Tuna melt with mozzarella cheese, dill pickle, and carrots.
Yowsa! This was to die for. My taste buds were freaking out on me. I think it is probably because tuna melts are one of my most favorite forgotten foods of all time. You know what I’m talking about- those foods or dishes you love, forget about, and rediscover due to a random craving? Yeah, I thought so.

Tummy happy, and hair beautified and out-the-door, I curled up on the couch for some more mommy-and-me time. *Smiles*

I woke up Sunday morning to visit my close friend, Butt Crack of Dawn, and worked on Senior Hell a little more. After diligently typing away, thoughts of breakfast began to lure me into the kitchen, pulling me away from my dear, dear thesis (No, really, I was kicking and screaming).
Eating another dang muffin... waste not, want not. Muffin accompanied by strawberry, chocolate, espresso smoothie.
Later, I accompanied the parentals to church and then returned with one thing on my mind. Do I even need to say it?
Cantaloupe topped with chicken salad on a bed of baby spinach. Doesn't it look sooo posh?
Given Florida’s emergence from its momentary lapse in weather identity crisis (we’ve spent 3 months bundled up. It’s not normal), I decided to take advantage of the sun and get some rays.

The next 5 hours was quite similar to Saturday afternoon: shopping with Mama (with no purchasing), talking to my honey-bunny, making dinner and watching TV.
Dinner was much less glamorous: Spaghetti squash with olive oil and Parmesan and quinoa with corn and marinara sauce.
 What an awesome weekend it has been spending time with my lovely mother. I’m usually not one for monotony, but in this case, I can make an exception.

No comments:

Post a Comment