Friday, February 4

Riding on the Train of Mediocrity

Thursday, was another lonely day of school. Biff has been sick and at home for the past week, leaving me best-friend-less in this crazy world. Since she is incognito, I had to do her bidding and turn in her community service hours (we are in a scholarship program based upon community engagement, whatever that is…). So I woke up in the wee small hours of the morning (ok, not that early) to leave early. Since I was feeling kinda meh Wednesday (hence the absence of a post), I decided to make glam it up on Thursday.
 ­I started my day off with a concoction of goodies.
Almond milk, chocolate protein powder, banana, strawberries, and GF corn flakes.
 It seemed like a great idea, but it wasn’t as fabulous as I thought it would be. Pretty mediocre. If my food is less than really good, it’s always an extreme disappointment. I’m not sure if that’s normal… Food is supposed to be AMAZING! To me, it’s one of the greatest pleasures life has to offer.

I went about my student duties and snacked on one of Betty Lou's peanut butter flavored Nut Butter Balls in between.
Because this is way too easy to make jokes about this, I won't.
 I got a few of these balls of goodness when I went to the SOHO convention in December (don’t worry, they have a decent shelf life). This was the best food I consumed all day. There are 15 g of protein in one ball and it is incredibly dense. I was shocked at how full it made me. It was a culinary phenomenon. This palm-sized ball filled my tummy right up. And it tasted like peanutty heaven. Incredible. I can’t wait to the other flavors! Thanks Betty Lou’s.

As the day went on, my food continued on my path to lackluster dining…

Lunch=boresville. I think it's so hilarious when people look at me like I'm a psycho when I take pictures of my food.
Tuna salad and crackers. Don't worry, about 20 more crackers accompanied the fish.
While running from class to my car, I managed to wolf down a Tupperware full of papaya (not pictured). And guess what, I ate it with my fingers. What (gansta voice)?

I hung with the poops and my bestie for a few hours at Journey’s End and went back home. Let me preface this next comment by saying, spaghetti squash with meat sauce is almost ALWAYS a winner for me. BUT, we have had spaghetti squash about 4 times over the past week. I’m over it.  I am protesting by not posting a picture of it. Apparently, the unremarkable food train was still chugging along.

I followed my dinner up with a chocolate protein bar, which was no match for the Lindt Dark Chocolate 90% Cocao that I’ve been eating lately. Beggars can’t be choosers…

Following this little posty, I will be putting an end to my food rut by making scones and watching BONES! That rhyme was unintentional, but I’m going with it.  It’s my favorite show in the entire world. Well, I have a few favorite shows, but this is my favorite, favorite. I can’t wait. I have high expectations for tonight. The disappointment stops right here, right now. Choo Choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment