Tuesday, February 22

Oh, Happy Day!

Happy Monday! The day just flew by today, and I have no idea where it went. It was a fairly typical day, but super, super great. It went a little something like this:

Early morning homework,
I apologize if this face is way too sexy for you to handle...

Gah.
Yumalicious breakfast (I am usually a sweet breakfast kind of person, but I opted for savory today),
Broccoli scramble and toast with cream cheese.
Cleaning, tidying, washing, and otherwise being domesticated,

Snacking,
Apple and cottage cheese

Pretending to be studious,

Catching some much-needed Florida rays,

Lunching,
GF roasted garlic and mozzarella sausage, carrots, and grapes.
 Tickling the ivories while flexing the golden pipes (I will be posting a video of this in the near future),

Making Banana Oat Muffins a la Healthy Tasty Cheap (check out this blog for some REALLY great recipes!),

Banana Oat Muffins
Recipe adaptation
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 egg
  • 1 cup wheat-free  oats
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup agave syrup
  • 1/3 cup coconut oil
  • 1/3 cup almond milk
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1 tsp allspice
  • 2 mashed bananas
  • chocolate chunks optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Sift flower, baking soda, powder and salt into a bowl. Mix together wet ingredients with mashed bananas. Add spices. Slowly add dry mixture to wet mixture and add oats.  Stir well. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry.






Holy Muffin! No seriously, these might actually be sacred muffins.
Walking with Mama,

And chowing down on some deliciously comforting eats.
Sloppy Joe on garlic and onion bagel, sauerkraut, and sweet potato.
 I plan on rounding out the night with some more reading followed by Chicago Code. If I keep up this awesome attitude I’ve got going on, just my smile myself to death. Hopefully I’ll rub off on someone else. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment