Sunday, May 15

African Productivity


Sunday in SA has been wonderful—and exhausting. We have been so productive over the past few days, running here and there, finalizing this, and tying up that. Today, my lovey and I woke up bright and early, ate breakfast, and headed out to the mall to complete our wedding gift registry! Unfortunately, I forgot my camera, so no photos were taken in the creation of that magical list. We spent four hours gallivanting around, back and forth between stores pricing and scanning. I wish I could have taken a picture of Miguel with the scanner gun. He looked like a kid in a candy store. Super cute. It makes me so excited to see all of the stuff that is going to be in our future home. On top of spending all this time with me looking at home ware, he also bought me a new BlackBerry. What a lucky girl I am.

When we got home, it had been 6 hours since my last meal, and I felt completely unplugged. But the lunch we had surely made up for my drop in blood sugar.
Pork leg, potatoes, pumpkin, and salad.
I had planned on taking a walk later in the afternoon to get some exercise, but yesterday, I tweaked a muscle in my lower back, and thought it wise to take a little break. I also shared this yummy Chocolate Fudge Bar from Think Thin with my fiancĂ©. I really liked the taste of it, very chocolate fudgy, as the name would suggest, but the texture could have been a little gooeier or had some added crunchiness. I still can’t get over the 20 g of protein! That’s amazing.
Blurred chocolaty goodness.
I spent the rest of the afternoon chatting to people back home on my new technological toy. 
Then I helped make dinner and helped consume dinner.
Breaded fried chicken breast, avocado, brussles sprouts, and salad.
After chowing down, I spent a bit of time catching up on my favorite blogs, and came across this post by my Biff. I didn’t realize she had posted this sweet note, and it made me get all nostalgic and miss home already. Off I go to to skype her.

No comments:

Post a Comment