Monday, May 23

Exercising My Freedom to Exercise


This morning, I woke up feeling ___________ (<--insert synonym for overly excited here). Why? Because today broke the ban from working out! Mind you, for the next few weeks before the Big Day, I’ve decided not to push it, in fear of being partially crippled for my wedding and honeymoon. However, I am allowing myself the pleasure of walking and doing a little body resistance work.

But first, I had to fuel myself for the day. I chose a simple breakfast of homemade gluten-free bread with peanut butter, a banana, and coffee. Half-way through the hearty slice of toast, I realized that I would not need that banana.
Surprisingly filling fare.
This morning, my lovey and I headed to the sports club down the road and walked for an hour in the lovely morning sun. I still can’t get over how beautiful everything is here.

Following our walk, I took my sweet time in getting ready for my day. Before Miguel left for work, I made him and me two very different lunches.
Grilled ham and cheese sandwiches with Nik Naks for him. Veggie, fruit, hummus, cheese, and chicken slice platter for me.
He was a happy boy. This is definitely the cutest face I've ever seen.
Later, I accompanied my mother-in-law to be on our daily errands of food shopping and picking up my sister-in-law to be from school. By the time we got home, it was already late afternoon. I have no idea how the time manages to pass at lightning speed here. It’s fantastic. I was hungry by this time, and had a fresh and fruity little snack.
Yogurt with papaya and a sprinkle of oats.
Then SAM (South African mom, as I call her) and I went for an afternoon walk. Two walks in one day made me more than happy.

In a continuation of my new, incredibly taxing and stressful life (I joke), I did some leisurely reading.

Before I knew it, it was time for dinner, which I was super excited to make. Throughout the cooking process, I always make sure to taste and retaste the food, just to make sure it’s “acceptable” and not poisonous or anything… The problem is, by the time I get to the actual meal, I’ve already eaten half a meal. The up side: I have lunch already made for the next day.
Stuff pepper goodness
Pepper, Brussels sprouts, and corn on the cob.
I, along with everyone else, was very pleased with the food that my sous chef (SAM) and I created. With my happy belly and my tired, endorphin-filled body, I have no doubt that I will sleep well tonight. And tomorrow, I will be exercising my freedom to exercise again!

No comments:

Post a Comment