Friday, May 27

Days Go By


I know I keep talking about how fast time flies here, but really, it’s like someone puts me into a time warp in the morning and an hour later, it’s nighttime. My days run together and I am more relaxed than ever—probably because I have no appointments, assignments, or responsibilities to worry about and Miguel is off of work for at least a week.

Mama and Mons will be flying into the lovely Johannesburg at approximately 4:30 PM tomorrow. Since I have been anxious in awaiting their arrival, the fast-time thing has been working out well.

This morning, being the sweetheart that I am ;), I decided to make my lovey breakfast in bed.
Blurry, but very happy man.
He had a gigantic breakfast of chicken and feta omelet, toast with peanut butter, cantaloupe with yogurt, and tea. I had a simpler breakkie of yogurt, fruit, and oats sprinkled on top (not pictured because I ate it while I made his breakfast...).


After breakfast, Miguel and I went down to the local sports club to go walking, my only viable exercise option at the moment. Sufficiently exhausted from the brisk, mildly inclined, grassy, high altitude walk, we headed back home to get ready for our day.

I really should say, “Get ready for the next few hours,” because by the time I showered, made lunch, ate lunch, and did some cleaning, it was already 1:30 and time for us to run some errands.
Salad beast: spring greens, carrots, peppers, cherry tomatoes, leftover cooked Brussels sprouts, and albacore tuna on top.
 Migsy and I then left for the mall, and while we were there, I convinced him to share a large cappuccino with me. I’m pretty sure I could live on only cappuccinos for the rest of my life…

Fueled on espresso and frothy milk, we headed to the jeweler to pick up my wedding ring. I am in love with it. Seriously, in love. It’s vintage, dainty, and matches the engraving on my engagement ring. Perfection.

Finally, our last errand was to fruit and veggie heaven. I have yet to take a picture of the produce mountains, but I assure you, one will be coming your way soon.

The plan for the day was to go for a second walk, but since we didn’t arrive home until late afternoon, exercise fell by the wayside. I looked at the evening’s dinner plans and realized that it would take me about two hours, so I got to cooking.

For some reason, I was a little doubtful about the dish, but it came out amazingly delicious. Miguel is currently eating a second helping of my masterpiece. Nothing pleases me more than seeing people enjoy the food I’ve made. What a great feeling.
Tunnel Potatoes: basically potatoes stuffed with ground beef and sauteed veggies baked with cream, tomato sauce, and topped with Parmesan cheese. TO. DIE. FOR.
Potato, salad, and chicken wings that I ended up donating to Miguel.
 After tomorrow, I have been told that SAM is relinquishing complete control of the kitchen to my mother and I. No complaints here. It’s just something fun for me to do as my days go by.

No comments:

Post a Comment