Tuesday, January 25

More Soup and Sleigh Rides

Heeellooo everybodaaay! Sup.So,  I’ve come to accept Mondays and Wednesdays as boring homework days. I began this fine Monday with a breakfast of banana pancakes and apples.


After my morning eats, I did my strength training routine. My heart wasn’t in it. I suppose I did it, and that’s all that counts right? After my work out, I set out for a faux sleigh ride. Ignore the annoying sawing sounds in the background.

This was so fun I didn’t know what to do with myself. Lucy has already learned “STOP” and “GO”, which is super important, considering I was near death several times.

 In keeping with the recent culinary trend in my household, I had soup and a sandwich for lunch.
Sandwich, tomato basil soup, and carrots.
I had the sandwich on Ener-G’s Light Tapioca Loaf. It basically tasted like, well, nothing. Ok, to give it a little more credit, imagine a cross between Styrofoam and cardboard. It pretty much disintegrated in my mouth and was completely flavorless. In the words of one of the best movies of all time (Bambi, duh), “If you don’t have nothin’ nice to say, don’t say nothin’ at all.” This marks the end of my “product review”… At least the fillings were good. 

I spent the next few hours slaving away at pointless work. Have I ever told you how much I hate school? I have trouble working on homework for more than a few minutes. Reluctantly, very reluctantly, I completed a few assignments and did some reading... and had a snack.
Cornflakes and raisins
On one of my time procrastination trips to the kitchen, I got sucked into Elizabeth: the Golden Age. What a woman power movie! I really loved it. 

For dinner, I had soup again alongside grilled cheese. I couldn't help myself.
2 tbsp of cottage cheese in the soup. Delicioso!
If you are drooling over this amazing-looking soup, wipe the drool  off your face and get to cooking! 

Tomato Basil Soup
  • 2 onions, chopped
  • 3 cloves garlic, minced
  • Olive oil or coconut oil (for sautéing)
  • 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
  • 2 32 oz. boxes of chicken broth
  • 2 cups tomato juice
  • 3 cans diced tomatoes
  • Trocomare to taste
  • 1 bunch basil
  • 1 tsp sugar or agave
Saute onions and garlic until translucent. Add Roma tomatoes and sauté until soft. Add broth, diced tomatoes, tomato juice, and ½ bunch of basil.
 Bring to a slow boil and immediately reduce heat to a simmer. Simmer for 30 minutes. Blend soup with blending wand (you will have to separate it if you are using a blender) and add sugar or agave.
 Simmer for another 30 minutes. Add the rest of the basil.
 Simmer for a final 30 minutes. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment