Tuesday, January 11

Trouble Spot Toning

Hiya Pals! I had a great weekend, but for some reason, my picture-taking went out the window. There wasn’t really much to take pictures of. I also blame it on my rejection of technology. I just wasn’t feelin’ it. Life is about enjoyment and rollin’ with it, right? So, I’m rollin’ with it.

Saturday, Moms and I planned on hitting up the movies to go see Burlesque, but alas, we never made it. Instead we spent the ENTIRE day shopping around America’s Friendliest Hometown and hanging out together (which I preferred over sitting in front of the boob tube). AAaaannnd we bought my wedding invitations! Hurray! They are so beautiful and classy. Love ‘em. I would post a pic, but then surprise=ruined. Sorry folks! You’ll have to wait just like everyone else (you know I love you all)! 

Sunday was lazy and relaxed, although I did go walking twice (I feel awesome when I walk multiple times a day). Then, at 4:30 we watched the first Packers game of the playoffs! Fist pump for Packers win! 21-16, baby. Take that, you dog murdering quarterback!  

Monday morning I woke up craving banana pancakes. So I channeled my inner Jack Johnson and whipped them up. Unfortunately, Xylitol makes pancakes turn dark brown, making for some toasty-looking things. In this case, taste is what matters, and they were superb. 

The Florida weather failed me, but I had stuff to do. So I bundled up and went out for some errands, all of which were unsuccessful (long, boring story). I think I looked pretty cute though (if I do say so myself)!

Moms has been wanting to start working out with me (I think it’s her New Year’s resolution). So, Monday was our first “weights day”. Since my legs are fairly muscular already, I don’t work them out other than Zumba, walking, or running. My strength training focuses on my upper body, abs, and bootay, A.K.A Trouble Areas.  I do it 2-3 times a week.

Here’s the run-down (Before you venture any further, have a look at my Don’t Sue Me page…):

Some of these moves are from Tummy Tuck. Check out my creep-o faces in the others... ha.

My equipment:
  1. 5 lb. weights
  2. Bench
  3. Water bottle
  4. Yoga mat
Curl-throughs- Biceps/Shoulders (15 reps) Start with arms extended down by sides, palms facing outward. Then flexing biceps, bring the weights to shoulder height. Turn weights so palms face out again and push out and up. Reverse the movements back to start position. 



Lady Bench Press- Chest (15 reps) Lying flat on bench, start with weights resting on chest. Push up like a bench press so that arms form a V. Bring back to start position.


Dips- Triceps (10-15 reps) Position your hands shoulder width apart on a secured bench or stable chair. Move your booty in front of the bench with your legs bent and feet placed about hip width apart on the floor. Straighten out your arms and keep a little bend in your elbows in order to always keep tension on your triceps and off your elbow joints. Now slowly bend at your elbows and lower your upper body down towards the floor until your arms are at about a 90 degree angle. Be sure to keep your back close to the bench. Once you reach the bottom of the movement, slowly press off with your hands, and push yourself straight back up to the starting position.


Chest fly- Chest (15 reps) Lie on the floor, bench or step. Hold weights over the chest with the palms facing each other. Keeping the elbows slightly bent, lower the arms out to the sides and down until they're level with the chest. Keep the elbows in a fixed position and avoid lowering the weights too low. Squeeze chest to bring the arms back up as though you're hugging a tree.


Lunging Row- Back (15 reps on each side) Hold dumbbells and stand with your feet together, arms at your sides. Lunge forward with your left leg until your left knee is bent 90 degrees. Lower your torso as close as possible to your left knee. Allow the dumbbells to hang naturally. Row the dumbbells straight up until your elbows pass your torso. That’s one rep.


Cross-Bow- Gluteus medius/Outer gluteal  muscle (10 on each side) Start on all fours. Keeping right leg bent at a 90 degree angle, raise it straight out to the right side. Flex right foot and extend leg straight out. Bring back to 90 degrees and then back to start position.


Oblique Crunch- Obliques/ Lower abs (10-15 on each side) Start laying on your right side with your right arm stretched out flat on the floor ad your left arm on your head. Your legs should be out at a 45 degree angle in front of your body. Your weight should be on your butt muscle, not your hip bone. Lift your upper body and legs crunching your obliques. Bring arms and legs together touching your elbow to your knee. Lower back down to starting position.







 Donkey Kicks- Gluteus maximus  and minimus/ Top and bottom gluteal muscles.  (15 reps on each side) Start on all fours. Keeping right leg bent, lift it as high as you can behind you. Lower back down to start.

Reverse 6-inches- Lower abs (10-15 reps) This is a twist to the classic six inches. But instead of lifting from the floor, you start at the top and lower your legs to a 45 degree angle.

I do 3 of these circuts. It takes roughly 12 minutes per circuit and 36-40 min total. 

 I really love this workout because it’s quick and it works all the muscle groups that need tightening! Girl’s gotta stay in shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment