Tuesday, January 4

Why I Quit

     Hi guys. It’s time for some honesty. First of all, I want everyone to know that everything I post on this blog is true and tested by yours truly. I am not one of those bloggers who posts a “You should, do this” and doesn’t follow through with it for myself.

   This is the end of my second day of the Yoplait Light Two Week Tune-Up. My regular day-to-day eating is very healthy (with the occasional naughty, of course). When I heard about the Tune-Up, I was super excited to try something BRAND NEW that would be of interest in the health blogging community. On the first day, I was like one of Pavlov’s dogs salivating over Yoplait’s great flavors. But I quickly began to notice a very sluggish feeling that I attributed to me being attacked by gluten. Then on the following day, the sluggish feeling was accompanied by a headache. My mama was feeling the same way, so I knew it wasn’t just me.

In reading the nutritional facts of Yoplait Light, I realized that there are not only artificial sweeteners, but also quite a bit of real sugar. Now, don’t get me wrong, I believe that (almost) everything is fine in moderation. BUT, why would I put myself on a Tune-Up that would require me to eat WAY more sugar than I normally consume?

I think the Yoplait Light yogurts are great for a guilt-free afternoon treat when you are craving something sweet. I know I will keep eating them every-so-often! But, for me, having 2 per day as part of breakfast AND lunch is a little much.

Here’s the bottom line folks: I am not going to promote something that I don’t believe in or that I am not doing myself. I am not saying that Yoplait steered my wrong- that is FAR from the truth. Just because it is not right for me, doesn’t mean it’s not right for you! The studies about the Tune-Up showed several very happy participants who lost weight and felt much healthier. But it is never good to assume one diet does not fit all. This just goes to show how important it is to listen to your body. You might be asking, "Why didn't you keep it up for just a little longer?" Basically, if what I’m eating doesn’t make me feel great and healthy, I am going to stop eating it. 

 I do want to give a big thanks to Yoplait for giving me the opportunity to try out the Yoplait Light Two Week Tune-Up.

No comments:

Post a Comment