The New Year is almost upon us! Every year, after the holiday season comes to a close, people’s minds jump straight to losing the few pounds they put on. The most common New Year’s resolution is to lose weight. This sounds wonderfully fantastic on New Year’s Eve when you are sipping champagne with friends and family.
But how much weight are you trying to lose? By when? How do you plan on doing it? Those little details are what make us quit our diet and exercise plan by January 15th. No one wants to have another resolution implementation failure.
What if we tried to not make different resolutions this year? What if we resolved to be healthier instead of thinner? That’s still a pretty broad resolution. My suggestion is to make a bunch of small resolutions for ourselves.
Here is a little list of ideas that I have come up with:
- Start taking a daily multi-vitamin
- Walk 3 times a week for 30 minutes
- Cut down your soft drinks (or cut them out all together!).
- Get a nice, bright water bottle and make sure you are drinking ½ your body weight in ounces of water every day- having a bright and interesting bottle with make you more aware of the need to drink your H2O!
- Drink a glass of water before each meal- We all know this, but really. Do it.
- Buy an easy healthy cook book- Finding a book with both easy and healthy recipes, will make you more likely to want to cook
- OOOR, go to FoodNetwork.com- they have tons of options for healthy and quick cooking
- Take 5 minutes a day to relax- Find a quiet place to close your eyes and clear your head.
- Cut down your sugar intake- If you take two sugars in your coffee, try to but it down to one.
By being healthier, you will be happier, look great, and feel better about yourself. Take the next week to come up with a few of your own little resolutions! Leave a comment! Maybe you can inspire someone else.