Monday, December 13

Snack, Snack, Snack It Up!


I hope you read that title in the style of Joe Budden’s Pump It Up… If not, go back and try again. It'll make you want to dance.

This weekend was a hodgepodge of snack-laden meals. I think the reasoning behind this was that I was feeling incredibly indecisive and wanting to eat everything at once. Because I am such a smarty pants, I came up with a solution.

Friday, Snack Meal #1- Lunch:

Sweet Potato Bites, Broccoli with Hummus, and GF Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.
I had three of these little beauties...
No pic of the potatoes and broc, but here are the amazing cooks. Speaking of cooks, check out this post all about cookies from Biff’s blog.

In the afternoon I decided to shake things up with my workout. I went out for a walk, but once I got out, my legs were rearing to go. So I ended up walking for one song, then running for one song. It was super fun, and I pushed really hard during the running songs. Hurray for interval training!

Next assortment of finger foods…

Friday, Snack Meal #2- Dinner:
Snow Peas, Bagel with a shmear of  hummus, grapes. Bowl of yogurt with flax seeds and strawberry jam.

Saturday, Snack Meal #3- Lunch:
Baby Apple

Superfood Antioxidant Trail mix

Kay's Naturals French Vanilla Protein Cereal

Skinny Creme Brulee Latte from Five Bucks. I spent five bucks for my mama and I to share this yummy treat. New hat.
 Saturday I was not feeling like working out, so I went on workout strike. Whatev. Sunday, I woke up groggy from Nyquil (I still have a stuffy nose at night from my cold), and didn’t work out in the morning. I was so out of it for the rest of the day that I took a nap, woke up, and continued my workout strike. That’s the last time I take Nyquil and sleep less than 8 hours.

Four workouts this week will have to suffice. Monday is a new day and a new week.

Sunday, Snack Meal #4- Lunch:
Baby App, Snow Peas, Cracks, and Homemade guacamole
Easiest Guac ever. 1 avocado with ¼ cup of salsa. Mash it all up and voila! Delicious, quick, and easy salsa
.Throughout the weekend, I have been periodically sneaking almond/cranberry mix, Cape Cod Reduced Fat potato chips, and my Lindt 90% Dark chocolate that I got on Thursday

Overall, my weekend was Snackalicious. I loved it. But the laziness has got to stop. Hopefully Monday will bring some nicely prepared meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment