Wednesday, December 8

Baby It's Cold Outside


I’ve been 3 days without working out, so I figured today was a great day to get back in the groove. Problem: it was 33 degrees. It’s the beginning of December. That’s cold.

Solution: P90X Plyometrics. The Mother of all P90X workouts.
 P90X Extreme Home Fitness Workout Program - 13 DVDs, Nutrition Guide, Exercise Planner 

By 7:55 am, I was jumping, squatting, lunging, and sweating all over my living room. You’d have never thought it was freezing outside. Halfway through the 1 hr workout, I seriously considered cutting it short. But there are no wimps in this house! I trudged through and it was worth it. I felt awesome… and worn out. Maybe it was a little much…

I know I always say it, but I was really, REALLY starving after the workout. I had to eat to regain some strength.
Onion bagel, over easy egg, and a banana.
Senior proposal was due and for some reason, our professor demanded a hard copy instead of an email attachment. Dumb. So I had to get ready to make the trek to Collegeville. Since my house is the halfway point between mine and Biff’s houses, she joined me for the ride.

By the time we got there, I was so, so tired. I was definitely not prepared for the workout. On top of being tired, I was suffering from hypothermia in the frigid Florida weather.

Once our papers were turned in and Biff had gathered up a few last minute things from her apartment, we turned around and headed home.

By 3:30, my stomach was reminding me to feed it, so I had a vegetarian lunch.
Oat bread, hummus, relish, Monterrey Jack cheese, carrots, spinach, and tomatoes.
For the rest of the afternoon, I piddled around the house, watched bits and pieces of America’s Next Top Model, and hung out with Biff and Mons. After wasting about 2 hrs of my day, it was time to make dinner.
Spaghetti squash, tomato sauce, and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese.
More meatless eats. Added some cottage cheese and nut crackers on the side for some protein. Yumalicious.

After dinner, I thought it would be a great idea for us to start a fire since it was so cold out. As I know from past experience, just because I think something is a good idea, doesn’t mean it is… We quickly realized that the log was a little wet. Once the house was slightly smoke-filled, the fire finally started burning nicely. I've spent the rest of my night cuddled up watching more TV and staying warm.  I really should be doing something- anything- productive. But baby, its cold outside.

Stay warm with these winter tips.

 In case you're wondering why there are two posts in one day, I am trying a new thing. Posting the day of instead of the day after. I think it's more logical. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment