Wednesday, December 29

A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood

Do you love having a great day as much as I do? For some reason, I really enjoyed Tuesday. Nothing extraordinarily good happened, but I just had a happy day. I woke up and had a delicious (and pretty) breakfast. Nice looking food always makes me cheery.
Papaya, Yogurt, and Oats.
 After my upper body and abs workout, I showered and, Voila! There was a package for me at the door.The wonderful people of Yoplait sent my kit for the Two Week Tune-Up! I am super excited about it. In my package was a pedometer, gym bag, and coupons for Yoplait Light yogurt. I will be hosting a giveaway for those of you who want to try the program for yourselves! More details will be coming soon!

I have a confession to make. At snack time, I did something evil... I'll give you a clue: it was me in the kitchen with a steak knife.
The crime scene was ruled a homicide.
Oh, how I love demolishing winter fruits.
I have been telling myself that I’m going to work on my senior research over Christmas break, but procrastination has been consistently finding a way to creep in daily. I’ve decided to just roll with it. So, I spent the next few hours cleaning, editting some music, and getting ready to go out on the town. I had a lunch of eggs on toast and a pickle. I have established a fairly new philosophy in my life to never deny my taste buds happiness.
Over-Easy eggs and Zesty Dill Pickle.
In keeping with this taste-pleasing trend, I resolved to make myself a post-lunch ginerbread latte. 
Don't these ingredients look like the makings of a fabulous hot beverage?

It seemed like such a great idea… until I made it. It tasted like, I can’t even describe it. It was a ginger-overload on steroids. 
Drink from Spice Hell.
Take my word for it. It was beyond gross, and I don’t use that word lightly. I dumped it and settled for Dunkin’ Donuts Hazelnut Coffee at the salon where my mom works.
Two pairs of pants I got for Christmas were too big (yay), so I had to exchange them. Since the salon where my mom works is located near my drug of choice (Target), I went to visit, socialize and have my afternoon coffee fix. It excites me to catch up on my celebrity gossip with all the magazines and all the shop gossip with the girls.

I was itching to get to Target, so I ran over, made the denim switch, and browsed for a while. Then I met my parents and cousin for dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse. I ordered a kid’s portion of sirloin, veggies, and sweet potato. I learned my lesson from the last few times I have eaten out. It took about an hour for us to get out food, and once it was at the table, my steak was incredibly chewy. But the flavor was good, so I didn’t care. I was starved. We ate and talked and laughed, and just had a great time together.

I think today was so wonderful because I was relaxed and enjoying time with family. I am taking full advantage of this holiday season to appreciate them and soak up my worry-free time in this lovely winter weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment