Tuesday, December 7

Getting Better Every Day

La
This week is finals week, and since I am a senior (“HALLELLUIAH!”) I only have 2 papers and one exam. To put it simply, I’m in the clear!! Well, almost. Monday, I took full advantage of my early Winter Break and slept in until 9 AM. I don’t remember the last time I did that. I think the rest did me good because I was feeling 100 times better than I did on Sunday. My head no longer feels like it's full of sugary cake topping.

After sleeping half of my life away, I started my day with a cup of coffee and some snazzy cereal.
Rice Chex with almonds and dried cranberries. Coffee. Always.
After breakfast, I got right to work. Or at least tried to. When I sat down at my computer, I started clicking around, as pr usual. Suddenly, it decided it wasn’t in the mood to do work and froze for about 20 minutes. Not cool. Luckily, it came alive again and I was able to clean up the memory. Thank God.

By the time I got to working, it was already noon. My proposal was calling my name, begging me to finish it. My little fingers worked away for a few hours, until my tummy started to grumble. I haven’t been cooking for the past few days in fear of infecting the kitchen (and because I didn’t feel like it), so my lovely mother cooked my lunch.
Chicken sausage with celery and hummus.
 After lunch, I decided to continue the latest trend in my life and take a nap.

I woke up needing some coffee. But who wants regular coffee in the afternoon? Not me. 
Pumpkin Spice Latte. Senior research.
 My hard work paid off and I finally finished my proposal.

By the time I was done, it was time or dinner.
Salad and roasted chicken. Glass of red wine.
This was my 3rd chicken meal in 2 days. I think I'm seeing some meatless food in my future.

Hopefully, by Tuesday I will be feeling 100%. I have really missed working out… and breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment