Sunday, December 5

SOHO Expo... Foodapalooza


On Saturday I was still denying my cold. I have been drugging myself with natural meds, like colloidal silver and Vit C; and suppressing my symptoms with Tylenol cold and flu. Nothing really seemed to work until I used this horribly addicting nasal spray…
This stuff is magical.
 My mom is limiting my use of this to 3 days tops.

Saturday was also the annual SOHO expo- every health food lover’s dream- and I was not about to let this cold get me down. Since my step-dad is in the natural health business, we get invited to these sorts of things. Awesome. This event always makes me feel like a kid in a candy store.
This year’s expo was at Gaylord Palms, an absolutely gorgeous hotel in Orlando, FL. My mom, step-dad, Mons, the biffs, and I attended the extravaganza.
Mama, Me, Biff, Mon's biff, Mons

Biff and I posing in front of the poinsettia tree.
The SOHO expo is where a bunch all natural supplement and health food distributers to come together and persuade health food store owners to purchase their product. For me, it’s a place to eat gluten-free, “healthy”, awesome foods to my heart’s content. I say “healthy” in quotation marks, because a lot of the foods are goodies that would otherwise be off limits for us gluten-free peeps, like breads, cakes, cookies, etc (The sugar's not so healthy).

We intentionally did not eat lunch because we knew we would be eating enough samples to count as a meal. Since there were about a million awesome gluten-free foods there, I decided to tell you guys about my favorites.



Just like Little Debbies
 They have all kinds of yummy things, but my favorite is the Swiss Roll. This tastes exactly like the Little Debbies! The texture is more brownie-like than cake-like, but the taste is exact. I love Love LOVE these!!! Perfect.



These are the only country smoked, gluten-free, nitrate free, antibiotic free sausages on the market. I usually have to be in the mood for sausage to eat it, but these are to die for!


This sounds so simple, but it was positively delicious. It was the consistency of peanut butter and is a perfect spread for toast or crackers. Neither the taste of the cinnamon nor the honey is more prevalent than the other. The blend is perfectly balanced.



I tried everything on this table. No complaints here. The peppermint chocolate brownies were my favorite. That combo gets me every time.

Pamela's Products Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies, 7-Ounce Pouches (Pack of 6)
Pamela's Products Simplebites Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies
Everything in this line is delish. They have batters, cake mixes, bread mixes, cookies, I really like the new Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies. Anything chocolate floats my boat.


Better Balance Protein+ Cookie Bites
 All of these were great. I’ve really missed Cheerios. But these Cookie Bites were incredible. AND they are packed with protein, as the name would suggest. I can’t wait to buy some of these.  

The flavors are incredible.

Awesome list of ingredients. Tropical Blend
This company is located near the Google headquarters in northern California. Apparently, Sensible Foods is the #1 snack choice of the Google employees. I think that’s pretty awesome.

My other favorite part of this convention is this:
This is a real dog.
 His name is Tiny and he is the face of Flexpet natural joint supplement for pets. This little ball of fluff is at the expo every year, and is possibly the cutest thing I have ever seen. Tiny even has his own blog. No joke.

After the expo, we did some shopping to work off that lunch of samples. Then made our way over to P.F. Changs, or just Changs, as I affectionately call it. Mons (my sister) requested we go here for her birthday. We’ve been celebrating her birthday for 2 weeks now…I was totally supportive of this decision. The gluten-free menu makes me weak in the knees. Biff and I ordered the lettuce wraps with brown rice to share. 
Chicken Lettuce Wraps and Brown Rice
Fortune... without the cookie.
 The day was absolutely awesome. I loved it. I had a fantastic time with my family and friends and ate to my heart's content. Oh, how I love food.

No comments:

Post a Comment