Thursday, December 23

Ener-G Sent Me a Christmas Present!

Nothing makes me happier than getting packages in the mail. Ok, a few things make me happier, but that is definitely in the top 5 list. When I got home from getting my hair done on Wednesday, I was delighted to find a big package sitting on my doorstep, just in time for Christmas.

In this contained in this rather large box was Ener-G Gluten-Free products! Ener-G was so kind as to send me some of their awesome products to try out.
Box of Goodness

In this box was a sample of:
  • Seattle Brown Bread
  • Tapioca Loaf
  • Light Tapioca Loaf
  • Corn Loaf
  • Egg-free Raisin Loaf
  • Macaroni
  • Rice Mix
  • English Muffin
  • Pound Cake
  • Wylde Pretzels (the only gluten, wheat, casein, dairy, egg, soy, and nut-free pretzel on the market!)  
  • Ginger Cookies
  • Vanilla Cookies

I don’t know about you, but mass quantities of gluten-free foods make me giddy. I decided to dive right into this pile of scrumptiousness and make my lunch. I chose to use the Seattle Brown Bread.
Nicely packaged.
When I pulled the slices apart, one of them ripped. This is understandable, considering gluten-free grains are not as elastic as wheat. For me, the smell of bread just makes me melt. This bread, did not smell as strong as I had hoped, but it was still a nice aroma. I was starving, so I used it to make a veggie sandwich. The veggie sandwich consisted of hummus, mustard, chipotle relish, sauerkraut, romaine lettuce, cilantro, and a sprinkle of hot sauce. 
Snow Peas, Giant Carrot, Veggie Sandwich.
I forgot all about the rip and chowed down on my lunch.  Ok, let me just tell you how good this bread was, rip and all. The sandwich fillings were salty and lacking in any sweetness- almost on the bitter side. The brown bread was very hearty and had sweetness to it, probably due to the raisin concentrate in it. Very interesting ingredient. Combining this bread with those fillings was GENIUS. The taste was amazing.

Another common trait of gluten-free bread is the need to be toasted. Not this bread. No toasting required. It wasn't spongy or stale. I am definitely ok with the fragility of this bread since the taste was so delicious. The bread was slightly sweet and almost nutty in flavor. It was not the least bit dry- still moist as if it had just been baked and cooled.

I really enjoyed this sandwich bread. It was not your run-of-the-mill bread, for sure. Regular sandwich bread sometimes just doesn’t cut it for me. I always appreciate bread with a little pizzazz.

Thanks to Ener-G for letting me taste their delicious product! There is much more to come!

For more information about Ener-G and where you can get some for yourself, visit http://www.ener-g.com/. Happy Eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment