Thursday, December 16

PureFit Nutrition Bars



I am always on the lookout for new gluten-free stuff, and when saw an advertisement for PureFit Nutrition Bars, I wanted to try them! These soy protein bars were awarded #1 Bar of the Year for 2010.

PureFit bars are super high in protein, gluten-free, wheat free, and vegan!

They are:
  • Low sugar
  • Non-GMO
  • All Natural
  • Kosher
  • Nondairy
  • No trans fats
  • No hydrogenated oils
And they don’t melt!!! This is fantastic, because you can throw them in your gym bag, keep one in your purse, or toss one in the car before you head to work.

Basically, they’re super bars.

This awesome company sent me all 5 of their product flavors!
  • Chocolate Brownie
  • Peanut Butter Crunch
  • Berry Almond Crunch
  • Granola Crunch
  • Almond Crunch
Package Contents: Informational materials and Meal plan!
To my delight, I received them on Wednesday. I knew that I wasn’t going to be doing the review until Thursday, but since I am such and sucker for anything chocolate, I had to try the Chocolate Brownie flavor.

Chocolate Brownie:
Calories-210
Protein- 18g
Carbs- 24g
Fat- 6g
Sugar- 15g

 It was so delicious. The bar was very chewy, but didn’t stick to my teeth (which I HATE). If a bar makes me feel like a dog with peanut butter on the roof of my mouth, that automatically makes me like the bar less. I do not need my teeth pulled out while eating a protein bar.

The Chocolate Brownie bar had the “typical” protein bar texture at first, but as I chewed it, the texture turned brownie-like in my mouth. I know this sounds crazy, but it was magical. I automatically attribute anything inexplicable to magic (or God, but in this case, I am fairly certain that God would not care to turn my bar to brownie mid-bite). This protein packed pseudo-brownie also had little crunchies in it, which I assume were the soy nuts. Love.

When I got to lunch-time on Thursday, I couldn’t wait any longer to try these beauties. I cut a bit-sized piece off of each bar for taste testing. They all vary a little bit in color, but this pic makes them look uniform.
Clockwise from left: Peanut Butter Crunch, Berry Almond Crunch, Granola Crunch, Almond Crunch

Peanut Butter Crunch:
Calories- 220
Protein- 18g
Carbs- 23g
Fat- 7g
Sugar- 15g

This had a drier consistency than I first expected (not in a bad way). It was almost like a soft cookie. Super delicious.  My sister Mons swore she could not finish a whole one of these bars. It’s a hefty snack for sure.

Berry Almond Crunch:
Calories-220
Protein- 18g
Carbs- 24g
Fat- 7g
Sugar-16g

This bar was much gooier than the Peanut Butter Crunch, sort of like a Fruit Roll Up- sans the teeth sticking! And again with the crunchies. I think that the mixture of textures is what makes these bars so awesome.

Granola Crunch:
Calories- 210
Protein- 18g
Carbs- 25g
Fat- 6g
Sugar-13g

This bar was my favorite, hands down. And that is saying a lot since I am slightly completely obsessed with chocolate. 
Me with my Granola Goodness
 I have missed granola bars since I have gone gluten-free, and these are the perfect substitute. I have tried gluten-free granola bars before, but they are never crunchy enough for me. These have gluten-free oats and taste like cinnamon and raisins (without whole raisins in it). This is perfect for raisin-haters. New favorite treat.

Almond Crunch:
Calories- 220
Protein- 18g
Carbs- 23g
Fat- 7g
Sugar- 15g

My email buddy from PureFit told me that these were his favorite. I really liked them, but Granola Cruch trumps them. I do, however, love the fact that the almond flavor is incredibly strong in these. It’s like an almond dessert. If you are an almond-lover, you will fall in love with this bar. It was the softest of all the bars. Almost melt-in-your-mouth soft. Now that I think about it, I would have to say this is my second favorite. This was scrumdidallyumptious.

Overall, these bars were awesome. Like I said before though, if you are a small eater, you will probably not finish a whole bar in one sitting. These are not meant to be a meal replacement.

Thanks so much to PureFit for letting my try their awesome product! Go out and get one for yourself. You won’t be sorry!

For more information about these bars and how to order, or where to buy, go to www.PureFit.com. You can also visit their blog at purefitblog.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment