Wednesday, April 20

Fun in the Sun


Words of wisdom: When your university gives you a day of cancelled classes to attend senior thesis presentations, go somewhere fun, A.K.A. anywhere BUT school.
Hooray for planning ahead.
 Thank you, school, for having confidence that your students are responsible enough to care about their fellow classmates’ life works. Sorry to disappoint.

Biff and I graciously took this opportunity to hit up the beach. It’s been much too long.

On my way there, I had a gigantic Tupperware full of overnight oatmeal.
Looks horrible, but tasted like heaven.
 While at the beach, I munched a simple lunch.
Pear, turkey rolls, and pickles, also horrible-looking. I'm two for two.
Gorgeous view.
We posed for a photo op.

A little squinty, but I'm ok with it.
The avies mask the squint.
 Later on, I ate some more snacks, all of which are not pictured. The sun makes me too happy to care about snapping shots of my eats.

After 4 hours of bliss, we headed back to Collegeville so that Biff could finish up her thesis. Although I wasn’t looking forward to driving home, I was looking forward to this summery dinner.
Toast with cottage cheese and tomato slices, and cucumber with hummus. Beautiful.
 The second half of my day was spent as the first: doing nothing and loving it. However, I did take a few minutes to peel my butt off the couch to whip up some almond craisin biscuit/scones. They will be featuring in tomorrow’s breakfast photo. Apparently, they are delicious. Or so I would assume, since my Mama mumbled, “Wow, Miguel is such a lucky man,” as she stuffed her face with them. I’m excited. Productivity is going to happen tomorrow. Balance, people. Balance.

3 comments:

  1. I am SO jealous that you got to spend the afternoon at the beach! And I love the toast with cottage cheese idea - I would have never thought of that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so nice to go to the beach! We used to go all the time because it's only 25 minutes from school, but with gas being astronomical, we haven't been going as often. I sure did miss it! And I'm always happy to give new snack ideas! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha. You are a good cook. LOL! I love your momma and her funny mumbles xD

    ReplyDelete