Friday, April 1

Not Meant To Be


I’ve been noticing a recurring trend on this blog I like to call “recapping,” which translated means, “I was too busy and/or lazy to post. Sorry this is late.” But the way I see it is, if it doesn’t happen, then it’s not meant to be.

Over the past two days, it felt like nothing was meant to be.

 First, it was the food…

Wednesday morning, I decided to make Carrot Cake Oatmeal. Sounds awesome, right? Well, it would have been, had I not added protein powder at the end, which created a chunky/crumbly texture. I ate it anyway. But the goodness I was expecting just wasn’t there.
Carrot Cake Crumble. Bleh.
 As I laid in bed Wednesday night fantasizing over what I would be eating for breakfast the next morning (yes, I do this), I resolved to replicate Wednesday’s lunch.
French toast with peanut butter and cinnamon and sweet ricotta. Large pear OTS.
But, I awoke Thursday morning feeling something a little different. Obviously, round 2 of French toast wasn’t meant to be.
Chopped pear and over-easy eggs on toast.

Wednesday night, I prepared myself a rather large meal because, you guessed it, I was HUNGRY. But I quickly realized that I would not be finishing the second half of this chicken sausage. Gigantor had no problem finishing it off for me.
Boiled turnips with balsamic vinegar, sauteed cabbage, and three-cheese chicken sausage.

And then it was the workouts…

Wednesday morning, I woke up not feeling like working out, which is a pretty rare occurrence for me. Convincing myself that it working out was non-negotiable, I decided to go for a walk. At that precise moment, that annoying weather alert noise came on the teli and informed me that there were severe weather and tornado warnings going on in our area. So much for the walk. Instead, I figured I’d conduct my own step class and do some abs workouts while watching an episode of Anthony Bourdain’s  No Reservations.

During my “workout” I got three phone calls, was asked to move the car inside, and my yoga mat got hijacked by the dogs. Frustrated, I ended up ignoring the weather warnings and went for a walk to get 10 minutes of something in. On my way, I was stopped two separate times by neighbors (who normally don’t give me the time of day) suddenly caring about my life. Drat.

A similar situation arose on Thursday when Biff and I made our weekly trek over the school gym for Zumba class. It was canceled, so we opted for 30 minutes on the elliptical. The workout felt mediocre at best, and I felt pretty bummed that it was my second day of less-than-stellar sweat sessions.

And then it was the blog posts, or lack thereof…

On Wednesday, the aggravation of teachers not wanting to help me with the biggest project of my college career had me boiling and wanting nothing to do with this blog. I figured I’d make it up on Thursday. However, when I arrived at Biff’s house, I notice that the only thing I forgot to pack was the USB cable for my camera.
We were having a moment...
This stumpy post was the result.

And finally, going to class…

On Thursday, I drove to school in the rain and before going to class, I took my stuff to Biff’s apartment. As if it were scheduled, I shut the door to Biff’s app and heard the heavens open up. A monsoon ensued. 
Downpour.
Rather than get drenched on my way to the most pointless class I have ever taken, I chose to stay indoors. 
Pretending to be dissapointed... Can we just take a second and look at that wayward strand on the left??
I took an early morning nap with my Biff, woke up, checked my inbox, and came across an email from my second professor of the day. It read:

Dear All, this weather is insane. There is a tornado warning right now. You should stay inside and stay safe. Don't come to class.

Thank you, Professor Awesomeness.

Instead of going to school, I snacked my way through the day, as per usual.
Celery with peanut butter (stolen from Biff), carrots, pickle, and Angus beef pastrami.
Quinoa with salsa and sauteed cabbage. Yes, I ate sitting on the carpet. I was criss-cross applesauce too.

Dark chocolate, courtesy that girl in the background.
I love seasonal fruits.
Pop.
 Although the last two days did not follow my pre-established plans in any way, shape, or form, I’m not complaining. I just keep telling myself that all that stuff that was supposed to happen just wasn’t meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment