Thursday, April 28

I Love...


Do you ever have those days where you have a million and one things to do, but you don’t feel like doing anything? Well, I feel like I’ve had about two weeks of those days now.

Although I have been feeling like I just want to drop everything and quit, I know I’m way too close to the end to stop now. So, I’ve been trudging through it all, like I trooper, if I do say so myself. All of the trudging paid off today when I completed the last paper of the semester. Great success!

I will admit that its completion wasn’t without a little complaining. The reasoning behind my frustration and lack of motivation was the simple fact that I enjoy being home, and hate ruining it with stupid homework. Home is where my heart is. It’s just awesome and being there (here?) makes me realize how much I love:

Waking up to fresh coffee and Mama ready to give me a good morning hug.
She refused to turn around for this picture.
 Having a leisurely breakfast at the dining room table alongside one of my best friends.
Coffee, garlic and onion bagel, and a pear sprinkled with cinnamon
Lovely faces
 Observing the wildlife vandalizing our property as I enjoy my java.
Gigantic, delinquent woodpecker.
The fact that no one cares if I choose to wear my robe until 4 PM.

Having lunch outside by the pool… in my jammies.
Lunch #2: Baked potato topped with plain yogurt and bunches of sweet peppers
Having tons of delicious foods in the house in case the first lunch I make is unacceptable.
Lunch #1: sardine salad. The sardines smelled and tasted weird (Or weirder than usual, as Mons would say). Although not expired, I didn't want to take a chance.
Having a Vitamix to make the best smoothies ever.
Green peanut butter vanilla smoothie
Sharing dinner with my familia. 
Steamed broccoli and turnips and quinoa sauteed with salsa.
And receiving surprise packages from the love of my life, who by the way, is the world's best gift-giver. Just sayin'. (Girls, it's ok to be jealous.)
Now, it’s time for me to finish gathering my belongings to leave my wonderful home to go to my second home—Biff’s app. I’m sure tales from tomorrow will be epic. I’m excited. Get pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment