Thursday, April 7

Worth the Wait


My entire Wednesday was spent waiting. Just waiting. I laid in bed at 5:30 AM waiting for my alarm clock to go off. Luckily, I fell back asleep. Unluckily, I woke up again precisely 22 seconds before my alarm went off at 6. Back to the early-morning homework sessions.

I spent my entire homework time waiting for 8 AM to roll around so I could eat breakfast.
Banana bread cake and cottage cheese with cantaloupe.
 I was expecting my Biff to show up on my doorstep around 12 PM, as were her original plans. Mid-morning, however, a text came through that read, “Are you planning on laying out? Because I think I’m not going to be there until about 3.”

Fine. It would give me time to do more schoolwork. Great.

But, it seemed I just couldn’t convince myself to do it. So instead, I started making an early lunch. Normally, I avoid brown rice, simply because of the sheer amount of time it takes to cook, which really doesn’t make sense because I cook lots of things that take as long, if not longer than brown rice. I’m a weirdo. Sue me.

While I waited the agonizing 40-50 minutes for my rice to simmer to perfection, I did the Women’s Health Workout at Home. Holy Mother of Pearl. This 26-minute, weight-free routine had me sweating like Ryan Seacrest watching Brokeback Mountain.

Dripping and exhausted, I checked my rice. Flawless. Paired with an Indian inspired salad, can’t go wrong.
Salad with Indian spiced vinaigrette and buttery rice.,
After lunch and a much-needed shower, I went to Wally World to waste some more time before Biff arrived. When I returned, I munched this yummy snack.
Sliced apple with ricotta cheese and cinnamon.
In an incredibly untimely fashion, she came waltzing up my driveway at 5 PM, on the dot. Finally. Not like I’d waited all day or anything…

A few hours later, I made myself a chicken melt. Melted sandwiches might possibly be one of the most perfect foods on the planet, but seriously, once a perfectly good sandwich is made, who wants to sit there and wait another 10 minutes for it to get all ooey-gooey? That’d be me. So I waited while I salivated and I got my pickle and broccoli plated. <-- look at that skill.
Chicken, provolone, tomato, mustard melt with a pickle, broccoli, and cauliflower OTS.
When that melted provolone and toasty bread finally hit my taste buds and Biff and I were side-by-side watching celebrity trash on TV, I knew it had definitely been worth the wait. Patience is a virtue, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment