Monday, March 28

Dancing Through Life

Like so many weekends of my life, this one was spent breaking plans and having a good time. Every day, along with trying to lead a “healthy and balanced life,” is enjoying and living in that life. What I mean is, it’s a constant struggle to take my analytical and obsessive nature out of the equation, and just take life as it comes.  This is arguably more difficult for me than living that healthy, balanced life. I don't want to stroll through life, but dance through it instead. In doing so, I find that plans change and we're better for it.

Saturday, I did about a quarter of the homework I had planned on doing, did 15 minutes less Zumba than I had wanted to do, and took a nap instead of laying out. Sometime in between all of that, I ate yummy food.
Shroom, onion, red pepper, and spinach scramble repeat.

Papaya with yog.

Dinner in bad lighting: boiled red potatoes, spaghetti squash, salad, and a lovely glass of Cabernet Savignon.
After my delicious, simple dinner, instead of doing the other three quarters of the homework I should have done, I decided on spending the night with my good friend Netflix.  In flipping through the new releases, I stumbled across this:
I never got around to watching it in the theater and have been dying to watch it ever since. Without going into all of the philosophical and prosaic detail, let’s suffice it to say that sometimes, you just need an eye opener. I think life is about constantly reminding yourself that there is so much more out there than what’s right in front of you. I used to care about things so much bigger than myself, but fairly recently, I’ve lost sight of those things. My worldview and life scope had decreased to the size of a pinhead and needed to be re-expanded. My perspective restoration has slowly been taking place over the past month or so, and I feel like watching Eat, Pray, Love just pushed me one step closer in the right direction. Here is just one of the many quotations in the movie that really got me thinking:

“And I was reassured, maybe my life hasn’t been so chaotic, it’s just the world that is, and the real trap is getting attached to any of it. Ruin is a gift. Ruin is the road to transformation.”

With my improving sense of life, I woke up Sunday morning ready to meet the new, beautiful day ahead of me. I had a delicious breakfast that, surprisingly, hasn’t graced my lips in quite some time.
Yogurt with a juicy pear and a nice helping of almonds and coffee with milk on the side.
 After consuming my fresh and fruity first meal of the day, I went for a walk in the Florida morning sunshine.

Later, I helped pretty-up the house for the familia and got a little bit of homework accomplished. A snacky lunchtime followed.
Snacktion: Carrots, celery with peanut butter, provolone quesadilla, and pastrami.
Around 2 PM, the house started to fill up. The rest of my afternoon was spent savoring amazing food and appreciating the strange family I have been placed in.


Imagine a photo of way too much chips and salsa right here.

Delicious salad, baked potato, and sloppy Joe sans bread.

Entire plate of dessert: sweet corn bread, brownie, mint-chocolate-chip ice cream, and a cup of peanut butter pie filling.
Apparently, my uncle thought it would be funny to have a photo shoot with my camera. The pictures are disturbing. Even more disturbing was my family's lack of surprise while all of this was taking place... I really don't think captions are necessary.









I hope you got a good laugh out of that.

I’m currently watching Eat, Pray, Love again with Mons. It might just end up being a personal classic.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry- Jus trying to amuse my self with your camera-Your uncle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You amused several other people as well...

    ReplyDelete