Saturday, March 12

Oatmeal Hotcakes

Hi guys! I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend! I usually don't post on the weekends, but I was so excited about this new recipe, I wanted to share it with you. We are currently having a freak cold snap, so I woke up craving something warm. My creative juices got to flowing and here's what I came up with:

Oatmeal Hotcakes

Although this makes one giant hotcake, you could also make several small ones. It's kind of like a pancake, but much thicker and heartier.
  • 3 tbsp cottage cheese- If you aren't a fan, don't worry! The curds melt and it ends up being like ricotta cheese! Ooo light bulb! You could substitute the cottage cheese for ricotta to mix it up!
  • 1 egg
  • 2 tbsp maple sizzurp (syrup)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup rolled oats (GF for my Celiac peeps!)
  • 1 tbsp all-purpose GF flour
  • 1/4 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tbsp brown sugar
  • cinnamon
  • nutmeg
  • coconut oil
Whisk together all of the wet ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Combine dry ingredients with the wet ingredients. At this point you could add fruit into the mixture, like blueberries or banana slices, if you like.  Add about a tbsp of coconut oil into an omelet pan and heat on medium/low (4 or 5). Once the oil is hot, pour the entire mixture into the omelet pan.
Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes or until the underside is a dark golden brown. Then flip it like an omelet! Cook for another 3 to 4 minutes. Top with jam, butter, more sizzurp, or whatever you like!

Devour. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment