Monday, March 14

Positively Pitiful


I know this post is a teensy bit late, but honestly, I couldn’t get around to it until now. Such has been the nature of this weekend. Usually, a post that encompasses 4 days worth of life wouldn’t fit into one post. But, since most of my weekend was spent sleeping, this won’t be a problem.

Friday:
On Friday, Mumsy and Mons were out. I woke up at 7 AM, a reasonable hour for me under normal circumstances, and got busy with my day-today doings. 
Bagel with cream cheese and a grapefruit.
 I went to the craft shop for some wedding do-dads, then to The Pub for some ingredients to make this bad boy

Quinoa Salad
  • 1 cups cooked quinoa
  • 1/2 bunch green onions, chopped
  • 2-3 celery stalks, chopped
  • 3/4 cup of almonds, chopped
  • 1/3 cups dried cranberries
  • 1/8 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 6 oz. shredded cheese
  • 1/2 can of beans of choice
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
  • 2 garlic cloves pressed
  • 3 tbsp dijon mustard
  • 1-2 tsp cumin
Mix it all up and enjoy!
Quinoa salad topped with parsley, cyooks, carrots, and a sliced boiled egg.
 So tasty, and perfect for a springtime lunch, or a party dish!

Then, like an idiot and completely ignoring my health, I did some strength training and Zumba. Stupid idea. I am convinced that the hour that I spent draining my body of every last ounce of energy catapulted me into full-blown bronchitis. Yikes! No fun. The rest of the night was spent hacking and regretting my earlier decision to choose fitness over health. Hello!! Ashley, what happened to all that stuff about “Listen to your body,” and, “Lead a balanced life?” Way to go. Self-critique aside, I have acknowledged the error of my ways and have taken a vow of laziness until I am well again.

Later, I had breakfast for dinner, albeit a “different” breakfast.
GF sausage, biscuit with jam, sliced apple, and apple/Cheddar quesadilla (sounds weird, but so good).
I ended up going to sleep incredibly early due to my mom’s urging and her claims that I was “looking pitiful (code for “You look like crap and need some sleep”).”

Saturday:
I slept WAY in until 9:30 and then came up with a new creation I like to call Oatmeal Hotcakes.
Plentiful
Then the fam continued our fairly consistent Saturday morning movie-going ritual. There was a debate between The Adjustment Bureau and Red Riding Hood. Amanda Seyfried won out in the end. I thoroughly enjoyed the movie, although it was a little Twilight-y. No matter, it was a nice twist to the classic fairy tale.

After movie time, we traipsed over to the house-warming party for a friend of mine. Thirty minutes of chatting had me exhausted, and Mama took a good look at me and said, “You look pitiful. It’s time to go.” I came home and plopped right down in my bed where I stayed for the next 3 hours. All you need to know about the rest of Saturday night was as follows: Woke up. Ate Dinner. Watched TV. Went back to bed.

Sunday:
Sickness aside, Sunday was awesome. It began with a filling breakfast…
Over med eggs on torts with slices strawbeezies on the side.
…followed by yoga, which is supposed to be good for bronchitis. I am not very into yoga under normal circumstances, buti t made me feel surprisingly relaxed. I think might started yoga-ing it up more often.

Before Mama, Mons, and I left for our adventure, I noshed one some naturally cough-relieving foods:
Gigantic apple and almonds

Finally, we 3 musketeers headed over to O-Town (Orlando) for Wicked! 
Sixties-inspired sheath dress. $8 at TJ Maxx.
Mama, got us tickets for Christmas and we’ve been dying to see it ever since. We made a day out of it by stopping off at the Mall at Millenia before the show. While we were there, we dived into some Chinese fare at P.F. Chang’s, or Chang’s, as I so lovingly refer to it.
Large bowl of brown rice and chicken lettuce wraps.
Mons with her gluten food.
Luscious chocolate dome split three ways.
I thought this fortune was incredibly appropriate.
  I ate entirely too much food. So much, in fact, that I felt as if I would burst. I never eat until I’m stuffed anymore, and this experience reminded me why. Lord, help me.

With way too full of bellies, we headed to the Bob Carr to see the shizzy! 

 I’ve performed several songs from Wicked, so it’s a show that’s especially near-and-dear to my heart. I’ve been wanting to see it for so long, and I wasn’t at all disappointed. It was absolutely uh-mazing. 

And so begins the series of blurry pics...

Glinda was hilarious, Elpheba had a breath-taking voice, the costumes were gorgeous, and the set was so realistic. I really loved it.

Monday: Slept in. Ate. Errands. Ate. Mama said I looked pitiful and had dark under-eye circles. Napped.

Future plans are: Eat chicken soup. Watch TV. Sleep again.

I know, I know. I’m positively pitiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment