Thursday, March 17

Wednesday Recap: Errands and Epitomes


Good morning! It has become evident that the time change has my brain a little screwed up. I’ve been up since 4 AM, and have already studied and done yoga. Waking up early, if I’m not exhausted that is, makes me happy. Although by 9 tonight, I’ll probably be turning into a pumpkin. I’m taking advantage of my early rising to recap Wednesday for you! Without further ado:

I discovered Chocolate-Covered Katie’s blog on Wednesday, which was incredibly mouth-watering. I really think she’s onto something with this chocolate-covered diet. After some perusing, I decided to recreate her Cinnamon Roll Boatmeal (Oatmeal Boat Cake).
Boatmeal with cinnamon dusted nanner, a la Snack-Face.
 To. Die. For. It’s made almost the exact same way as I usually would make oatmeal, but instead it’s baked. Why didn’t I think of that? Kudos to you, Katie.

For the next few hours, I scampered around town, shopping for this and that. Along the way, I stopped to look at men’s wedding bands. Also on this shopping trip, I purchased my first January to December calendar. In doing so I realized a few things:

1) I am about to get married. Every time I think about it, I get butterflies and still can’t believe it. I’ll probably still have the “holy crap” feeling (the good “holy crap”) months after being married.

2) My life, up until this point, has been governed by a school calendar, roughly August to June. This will be the first year that I live like a normal person, and the first year in eighteen years that I haven’t been in school.

3) I only have 57 days until I see the love of my life again. That’s less than two months. I’m stoked.

4) I have only 57 days until I move to a foreign country. This would be an appropriate time for another “holy crap” moment.

With all of these thoughts flying around in my head, I am constantly experiencing a barrage of emotions from excited, to anxious, to sad, to ecstatic. It’s all a part of growing up, and I’m so ready for it.

Once my brain finally settled down, I had a lovely lunch.
Quinoa salad, rots, and cauliflower.
 Following lunch, I spent about an hour on the phone with vital statistics and the Department of State trying to get a certificate proving that I’m not, and never have been, married. Gah. Getting married in another country is not easy friends, let me just forewarn you.

By the time all of that was said and done, it was time for Mons’ band-mates to come over for some pre-church eats. Since they were ordering pizza, I figured I’d make a gluten-free pie for myself. Only problem- my pizza looked like the Himalayas and tasted like a pile of cheesy dough. I ate two slices, just because I made it (not a good enough reason, I assure you). Blegh. Let’s just say the dogs had a rather large Italian dinner, courtesy moi.  
Doughy mess and roasted butternut squash (AKA the only good thing on my plate).

Doggy dinner.
 Can I just say how much I love this time change? The sun is up late making perfect weather for evening walks, which is exactly what I did after dinner. I needed to digest that dough.

The rest of the night was spent cleaning, getting ready for today (Thursday), and assembling wedding invitations. *smiles*. I think today is going to be a really great day. I get to see Biff for the first time in almost two weeks, and I will be devouring Earth Café’s “Who’s Your Daddy” cheesecake for dessert tonight (yes, I plan that far ahead of time). I got a shipment of gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, raw cheesecake in yesterday from EC. Thanks guys! 
5 flavas!
 There are five flavors. I will be “reviewing” every night for the next five nights, thank you very much.

Have a fantastic day, and stay healthy!

4 AM tea words of wisdom:
Thank you, tea. I am aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment